Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
The Old Man's Bike is in the garageSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    So with the help of Duncan I got the bike, a 1992 Harley Davidson FXRS LowRider with the 1340cc EVO carburated engine.

It was shipped on a skid. All they had to do was let go of the tie-downs and the bike was ready to ride.

Photo #595
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Harley Shipped

Since this was just down the street from Bob's BMW I took it over there to see if maybe they could inspect it for me. I did stop to wonder how embarrassed I would feel rumbling up on this beast but no one there gave me any shit.

They took the bike immediately and it passed inspection.

Once I have some time I'll write something up about it. It's a weird beast, like riding an anachronism.
    2 of 8
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    Looking forward to seeing this in person...
    3 of 8
    Ian
    12 years ago
    I'm speechless.
    4 of 8
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    If you think you're speechless now, just wait until you get a load of the screaming chicken on the front fender.

I told Yermo that if he could afford to write it off, he might consider torching this abomination and exorcising the demons as we dance merrily around the light. Just sayin...
    5 of 8
    Ian
    12 years ago
    I hadn't noticed the chicken head, but I took a look at the full-size version of the photo above and yeah, that's rockin'.

I think if you were going to torch something like this, and I'm not advocating that Yermo!, I think you'd have to do it Thelma and Louise style.

As was pointed out, though, these things are easily customized and I'm sure Yermo could turn it into something more Yermo-ish if he put his mind to it.
    6 of 8
    Ian
    12 years ago
    So who gets to ride this thing to Deal's Gap?
    7 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Well, you could have the privilege if you were to fly out in May.
    8 of 8
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    OK, so on Saturday, I had a chance to actually take a brief ride this critter.

It's been a long time since I've ridden something so primitive/old school, but dang, that was fun.

Thanks Yermo!