Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Can anyone share some great ride suggestions in southern California?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    John St John
    12 years ago
    I'm flying out to Vegas in two weeks and riding south from there. I’d love to get some road suggestions and "must stop" attractions. P.S. tastes run along the scenic and windy - not interested in the glitz and glamour.
    2 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    It's been a while since I've been riding around that area (20 years) but if memory serves there really isn't much in the way of windy good roads. If memory serves, just east of there there's a decent road around Lake Mead.

I can ask my buddy Bruce, who's a member here but rarely posts. He lived out there for some years and knows the area much better than I do.

I'm working on shared maps now so as we all travel around we'll be able to tag good roads we find and post them here ... but I won't have it done in time for your trip.
    3 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Good to hear from you, btw!
    4 of 8
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    Depending on where in SoCal you wind up, there is always the Pacific Coast Highway:

There are also some suggestions here:

And here:

I must say I envy you--I've not been anywhere on a bike in California since '92(!)

Hope you have a great trip and some great rides
    5 of 8
    John St John
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the links!
    That's just what I needed.
    6 of 8
    Ian
    12 years ago
    7 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    After the ride, if you have a chance, let us know how it went!
    8 of 8
    John St John
    12 years ago
    Of course, I'll be happy to share the pics and experience. Right now, I'm stoked about the Oatman-Topic Hwy and the nostalgia of Old Route 66. Thanks for your support and adding to the pre-ride excitement and preperations.