Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Puma Desmo BootsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Yun and I went up to Bob's last Friday to see about picking out some better gloves and boots for him. The ones he had were just not working in the colder weather.

I had been interesting in taking yet another look at the BMW All-Round boots. As Yun tried various ones on, I noticed a more aggressive boot on the shelf that I had not previous seen.

Goretex water proof.
    Seriously Armored yet understated.
    White night visibility stripe.
    With replaceable sliders.

Exactly the kind of boot I had been looking for for ages now. Unfortunately they only had one pair in stock which coincidentally fit Yun, so he picked up a pair.

I went home and immediately ordered a pair online one size larger. (European size 45).

They are quite flexible forward and aft yet are securely armored around the ankle, toes and heel. The calf portion seems to be designed to be loose intentionally to allow some movement when in a more aggressive sport riding position.

Once I have some experience with them I'll try to find time to write a review, but my initial impressions are very positive.

Now it's just a matter of finding some armored water proof sport gloves ...
    2 of 8
    Yun Lung Yang
    12 years ago
    so far so good. rode about 100 miles in them already. Very comfortable on the bike. walking in them is a bit uncomfortable, but likely will be okay once broken in.

At first the shoe was too small where the slider puck was, but after wearing them twice, it is very comfortable now, and I have no issues with it.

I also purchased some bmw atlantis 3 gloves SUPA awesome. That might have to be a new thread by itself.
    3 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    @Yun feel free to start a thread and post a short review.
    4 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I erred. I failed to notice that there are /TWO/ version of the Puma Desmo. One that is goretex lined and one that is not.

I mistakenly got the one that is not.

The correct boot that I want is this one:

I'll return the ones I have and get the GTX boots.
    5 of 8
    Yun Lung Yang
    12 years ago
    mine is gore tex. Now you can get the all black one so we dont have to match.
    6 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    laugh. Too late. I just placed an order for the goretex boots in the same color scheme.
    7 of 8
    Ian
    12 years ago
    Make sure to take them for a good long ride in the rain so you can report back to us about their waterproofedness.
    8 of 8
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I tell you what, Revzilla apparently rocks. They have already processed my return and my replacement boots arrived today.

These have a Goretex liner. They are a bit stiffer than the non-Goretext version. There's less room around the toes and the zipper, which is water proof, does not seem as substantial. It feels like if one is not careful with it it could break.

With the insoles in place along with my orthrodics they seem a bit tight. With the insoles removed they seem a bit too roomy.

Otherwise the boots are identical to the previous pair.

Regardless of the initial fit issue I'd say these boots are a keeper.