Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
DC Motorcycle Show Jan 13-15Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Anybody interested?

Throw out Friday the 13th...no, not stupidstitious, just have to work (probably).

Whichever weekend day works best for the most of us...I'm there!
    2 of 13
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    Saturday the 14th probably works best for me.
    3 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Ok here is a small update.

If you want a $4 dollar discount buy your ticket two weeks in advance and use the promo code: DLR2012

This code will work for any show on dates as follows:

Jan 6-8 Novi, MI
    Jan 13-16 Washington DC
    Jan 20-22 NY, NY
    Jan 27-29 Cleveland, OH
    Feb 3-5 Minneapolis, MN
    Feb 10-12 Chicago, IL
    Feb 24-26 Charlotte, NC
    Mar 14-17 Daytona Beach, FL

Hey, $4 is $4, right?
    4 of 13
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    Thanks Josh. I'm still planning on going.
    5 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Hey sports fans, time to buy your tickets. It turns out I was wrong about the 2 weeks in advance. You get the $4 off any time with the DLR2012 code. We would have gotten an additional $2 off outside the two week window...moot at this point for DC show.

So who's with me? Week from Saturday.
    6 of 13
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    I'm still in.
    7 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Slight change of plans...ok major change. Looks like I will hit the IMS on Friday night. Not sure anybody can do it but I want to go down to Charlottesville on Saturday to go to my college roommates BMW repair shop. I'm soliciting volunteers for that trip as well. We will be tearing apart my other college roommates Yamaha (busted tranny) so should be big fun.

Sorry for the late change. Plan for Friday is dinner in DC and hit the show...or hit the show and then get dinner in DC.

Takers...for any of this?
    8 of 13
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I'm not going to be able to go Friday night. I had forgotten that I had conflicting plans.

I will be at the show mid-day on Saturday and will probably only stay a few hours.
    9 of 13
    Ian
    12 years ago
    Anything interesting at the show?
    10 of 13
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Largely uneventful. I did meet Lee Parks of Total Control fame and got a signed copy of his book. Also saw Tracy there who was the instructor I had when Duncan and I took the course.

Indianapolis motorway was there promoting their Aug 17th motoGP event which I may actually go to.

Other than that there wasn't much. The new Erick Buell racebike was cool, but beyond that there wasn't much new.
    11 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Motus in person was awesome.
    12 of 13
    Ian
    12 years ago
    I've only been to a few motorcycle shows and they were not mind-bendingly awesome, but were still fun for roaming around and sitting on a bunch of different bikes, especially stuff that would be in a dealer you wouldn't normally visit.

Even though I'm glad Motus is in the mix, it would be nice to see a quality American-made bike that was accessible to the masses instead of a bike that is so expensive. Harley has a couple of low-end models that are not outrageously expensive. Too bad they're such dinosaurs.
    13 of 13
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    Lots of new bikes to look at--it's always nice to have a rough idea of where everyone's model ranges are for the year.

Saw some cool accessories as well. The kids sat on some 50cc dirt bikes, and I got to see a '48 Indian Chief up close--very nice

There was also a trials bike stunt show. Overall, well worth the trip.