Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
I know nothing - Day 1 Keith Codes Superbike SchoolSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 11
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I thought I knew about motorcycle riding.

I know nothing.

Level I was /definitely/ the right class to start with and even then it's probably a bit advanced for me.

The BMW S1000RR, even in rain mode, is sweet. Very sweet. Ummm. Simply amazing.

Sonia Chapin is evil.

I have become addicted to the feeling of dragging a knee on the ground.

The class is excellent, but they do throw you in the fire from step 1 ... it's not for the feint of heart and there's a tremendous amount to remeber and it all comes at you very fast.

The S1000RR is fast, even in rain mode. Very fast.

Race leathers are very awkward to get into and out of.

We had perfect weather.

The coaches can do things on bikes with ease that I did not know were possible.

The S1000RR handles amazingly well.

Ryan can ride.

I know nothing.

More later.
    2 of 11
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    Allow me to translate:

"By next May, I will be uncatchable at Deal's Gap"

3 of 11
    Matt
    12 years ago
    I've been to a couple track schools- Keith Code's school was the most regimented- more along the "do it exactly this way because it works" school- very similar to MSF.

On the other hand, I also did Danny Pridmore's school, which was a bit more flexible.

What I got out of the combination of both schools is basically the same thing as the Perl motto "There's more than one way to do it" and the corollary "There’s more than one way to do it, but sometimes consistency is not a bad thing either"
    4 of 11
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Duncan, he was already "uncatchable" on the Dragon by mortals...now the alien space ships won't be able to keep up!
    5 of 11
    Ian
    12 years ago
    Yeah, but I bet he still can't catch Pappy on his Harley. Don't tell you could catch Pappy, Yermo, it ain't true!

There are some things that just can't be overcome.

On the flip side, I'm sure I'll be slower than ever before next time I go riding in the mountains.
    6 of 11
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    I did 'fess up about Pappy.

But I do think I could catch and pass Pappy now ...

Now Ma and Pa Kettle might be another story ...

The next time you come out this way you're going to have to take a look at this R1100S my buddy Yun bought. It's the nicest example of that bike I've seen. He did so much better than I did.

Next time I buy a vehicle I'm just going to delegate it to him. I don't know how he does it.
    7 of 11
    Ian
    12 years ago
    Yermo wrote:

The next time you come out this way you're going to have to take a look at this R1100S my buddy Yun bought. It's the nicest example of that bike I've seen. He did so much better than I did.

Next time I buy a vehicle I'm just going to delegate it to him. I don't know how he does it.

Pics?
    8 of 11
    Phil
    12 years ago
    Allow me to translate:

"By next May, I will be uncatchable at Deal's Gap"

I give it a try

glad you had a good time a track.
    9 of 11
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    @Phil <laugh!> Yea, I don't think things will have changed all that much from the last time we were down at the Gap. I expect to see your rear tire run away from me as usual.
    10 of 11
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    It's taken me some time, but here's a pic of Yun's very sweet 2001 R1100S w/ Ohlins front and rear, Remus exhaust, etc. Very very sweet bike:

Photo #582
    Yermo
    12 years ago
    Yun's 2001 BMW R1100S
    11 of 11
    buffalo
    12 years ago
    "like"