Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Wheel Bearing Removal and Installation Tool SuggestionsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    ryan647
    9 years ago
    I need to replace bearings in a front wheel of a 1997 Honda VFR750f.  The last time I replaced bearings I did it with a drift and a socket that was the same size as the OD of the new bearing.

I want to get the correct tools for the job, and wanted some suggestions on a motorcycle wheel bearing removal tool and a motorcycle wheel bearing press kit.

Thanks in advance for your help
    2 of 5
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    This is the wheel bearing puller I use:

It works quite well. For driving wheel bearings in I've just been using a socket of approximately the right size. I've probably done a dozen or so bearings so far in this fashion. (i.e. don't let your friends know you know how to fix their motorcycles. )
    3 of 5
    ryan647
    9 years ago
    I found that exact one and it has the correct size adapters for the bearings I want to replace.

Next is to find a press for the installation of the new ones.  I found a couple of different driver sets for pounding them in, but would much rather have a press tool that guarantees they go in at the correct angle.

4 of 5
    buffalo
    8 years ago
    Would this work?

Link #11138
    buffalo
    8 years ago

12 Ton Shop Press

Amazing deals on this 12Ton H-Frame Industrial Hd Floor Shop Press at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton...
    5 of 5
    ryan647
    8 years ago
    You know, that exact tool came up in a few of the initial searches that made when looking for the wheel bearing tools.  I opted for the slide hammer.