Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Tour Master Magnum Jacket/Apex Pants ComboSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 1
    jpcfjr
    13 years ago
    Per Yermo's recommendation, I purchased the Tour Master Magnum jacket about 3 months ago. For $215, it cannot be beat. Then about a month ago I ordered the Tour Master Apex pants to match. I just got the pants yesterday.

Sadly, the wrap around zipper on the pants has tiny teeth that do not match the wrap around zipper on the jacket. The 8" zipper does match. However, I got this combo for times when I would specifically WANT the wrap around zipper connection for maximum safety.

Here is what I found out at the store and from talking to Yermo today. The jacket, with the large tooth zippers (both the 8" zipper and the wrap around zipper are the same large teeth) is new. Tour Master has changed the design. Yermo's jacket has two different toothed zippers. The wrap around zipper is small toothed and the 8" zipper is large toothed. Thus if I had Yermo's Magnum jacket, the Apex pants would fit nicely with either zipper.

The Apex pants zippers are the old design. According to Helmet House, the owners of Tour Master, there are no plans to update the pants. If you want pants to zip (wrap around) to the new Magnum jacket, you have to go to the Cortech (also owned by Helmet House) Latigo leather pants which cost $20 more (retail).

So I returned the Apex pants and bought the Latigo pants for $16 more (I get 20% off at Coleman Powersports). FYI, the Latigo pants have an adjustable waist whereas the Apex do not...worth the extra coin in my opinion assuming everything else is basically equal. We'll see when I get them.

Cortech Latigo pants can be seen here

Tour Master Magnum jacket can be seen here

Edit: It also appears, from my exhaustive research (i.e. actually READING the description!) that the Latigo pants have another cool feature: Removable leather patches over the velcro for the knee sliders. COOL!