Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Parting with the BlackbirdSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 13
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    After giving it a significant amount of thought, I've decided to sell my Blackbird. Purely practical reasons, I just didn't see myself riding it often enough to justify keeping it. And, honestly, it makes a rather insane guest bike. Sooo.... it is on EBay

I'll do a second post with some pics...this is a bike I will miss.
    2 of 13
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    Here are some pics...I think it still looks pretty darn good.

Photo #628
    rshaug
    12 years ago

Photo #629
    rshaug
    12 years ago

Photo #630
    rshaug
    12 years ago

Photo #631
    rshaug
    12 years ago

Photo #632
    rshaug
    12 years ago

Photo #633
    rshaug
    12 years ago

3 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Nice. I like the pic where we can see you in the mirror!

I think you've got it priced to sell and it's super clean. You won't have it long.
    4 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Couple of other thoughts...

In reading your description on ebay, one could infer that this is a single owner bike but you don't specifically say that. If you can still change the ad I'd put that little nugget in there.

Also, you don't say why you are selling it. I've found that folks really like to know (even if you not totally forthcoming) that you have a good story rather than that there is some nefarious reason for the sale. People like to feel good about the purchase I've found and the story seems to help.

Just my $.02. Remember, this is the Know-It-All motorcycle club here!
    5 of 13
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    good suggestions, thanks
    6 of 13
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    Ha, I guess you didn't need my suggestions! 923 views and 6 bids already...nice work. It looks like you will get over 5 for it.
    7 of 13
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    just went over 10 bids and 1200 views. This is actually the third bike I've sold on EBay...all have been a really good experience.
    8 of 13
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    Correction...this will be the fourth.
    9 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Is it gone?
    10 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Purchased by a man in Miami, FL.
    11 of 13
    jpcfjr
    11 years ago
    Is he picking it up or shipping it?
    12 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    shipping it
    13 of 13
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    The shipping company called this afternoon, they will be here in the morning to pick up the Blackbird. I gave it a final cleaning, a quick polish, and made sure to fully charge the battery. I'm just now finishing up the information packet I prepared for its new owner: title, bill of sale, starting instructions, maintenance records, and a digital copy of both the owners manual and the official Honda service manual. I have to say, I'm a little sad to see it go. I did fire it up one last time to hear it growl a bit. As Josh knows, the Ninja may be better in almost every way...but not in sound Josh is right, the Ninja is pretty darn quiet. The Blackbird with the Viper exhaust just sounded sort of mean, in that good way.