Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
New Kaw N1K - Comfort winsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 2
    rshaug
    12 years ago
    I picked up a 2011 Kaw Ninja 1000 a couple of weeks ago and have really been enjoying it, it's much more comfortable than its current garage mate (a Honda CBR-1100XX). I had them both our today for a cleaning and to install a USB charging port on the N1K and grabbed a few pics. It's pretty obvious from the pics that teh N1K has a much more humane riding position than the CBR I do love the BBird though and plan on keeping it, for now it'll be a "guest bike" for guests who are unlikely to drive it into a ditch/embankment/pole/overpass/prison term and I'll take it out for an occasional blast. The CBR is a 1997 (so still has carbs) that has been balanced and blueprinted (a number of years ago), some minor engine tweaks, Viper exhaust, and very low miles. It was originally purchased in Ireland and shipped here to the states about 10 years ago. I've done a couple of longer trips on it, including over 900 miles in one day, but it wasn't overly comfortable unless going near warp speed...everything gets smooth at about 85mph but there just arent the roads here to do that very often. The N1K is a terrific all around bike that can do a lot of things well and doesn't really do anything badly. After looking at and trying a bunch of bikes it came down to the N1K and a Triumph Sprint (LOVE the triple). Parts and service availability won.

I have a few pics loaded up here:
    Link #4925
    rshaug
    11 years ago

From CBR-XX to N1K

I had seen the thread on folks going from traditional sport touring rides to the N1K and thought I share the experience of coming from an older "h

http://www.riderforums.com/showthre...
    2 of 2
    jpcfjr
    12 years ago
    LOL that's a hell of a guest bike!